FREE Student Membership now open for 2023-2024
WITS Student membership
WITS Women in Technology and Science (WITS) was set up in November 1990 to promote women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Membership is open to women and men throughout Ireland involved in science, engineering, mathematics or technology. WITS works by advocating, acting and connecting women in STEM.
WITS student membership is FREE for all full-time students* in higher education.
Join now here and your membership runs until the end of August 2024!
What we do for students?
- Advocating: speaking for and with women in STEM, developing and improving policy and practice for us all.
- Acting: campaigning for and with women in STEM to inform and educate about women’s participation in STEM.
- Connecting: women in STEM at all levels, from students to professions, across all areas, from the life sciences to computing and engineering and in business and academia.
Why join WITS?
At WITS events you get to meet other women across science, technology, engineering and maths and contribute to women’s participation in STEM.
By joining WITS you can advocate, act and connect with and for women as you learn, work and take part in STEM.
Get involved by running WITS events, joining a subcommittee or writing about your interests and student events for the WITS website.
How do I join?
*Please note that you must be 18 years of age or older to be a WITS student member.
Student members get WITSWORDS newsletters and invitations to WITS events.
To avail of your FREE student membership: click here.
WITS & Student Societies
WITS is proud to have the support of various student society members across colleges in Ireland.
Women+ in STEM Society (University College Dublin)
This Society was first established in 2019 and is dedicated to supporting and promoting female and non-binary UCD students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). 5th Session Auditor (President): Adesola Ojomo-Amaka
We go by “women+” to emphasise that we advocate for non-binary students in STEM along with cis and trans women. However membership is open to all UCD students, staff and alumni, and we welcome allies of all genders and courses.
Our goals are threefold. We aim to:
1. Build and provide a support network and cross-faculty community for female+ STEM students in UCD.
2. Provide our members with key skills and opportunities for their early and future careers.
3. Connect with the younger generation (especially girls+ and people from disadvantaged backgrounds) by inspiring them to take up an interest in STEM, promoting gender diversity awareness in STEM, and encouraging them to pursue further/ third-level education
To learn more: