Student 2022 Opportunities
- 1 December 2022
WITS hears about opportunities for students and lists them here with their closing dates. Check back regularly.
- Tyndall National Institute and IPIC’s Summer Fellowship Programme 2023! Applications are now open. Learn from award-winning scientists and researchers who are world leaders in deep-tech research and technology. Tyndall National Institute and IPIC are offering a generous, competitive paid Summer Fellowship Programme for undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics hoping to gain insight into a research environment. This programme provides the opportunity to work with our world-class research teams in an immersive research experience. Summer Fellows will undertake a 12-week research project between June and August 2023 complemented by a parallel development programme in which students will learn about communication skills and research commercialisation among others. Tyndall and IPIC will provide 30 fellowship places for their 2023 programme. For full details and to apply, visit: www.tyndall.ie/Summer-Fellowship-Programme. The closing date is 31st January 2023.
- Google internships for 2023 are now open! Google’s internships are for students that are graduating later than December 2023 and who are enrolled in full time education. Apply online as soon as possible here. Check google.com/students for full details of Google’s internship opportunities, and apply with your CV.
- Amazon Web Services have a number of paid internships with intake happening throughout the year. They also have a number of Graduate roles. Find out more about internships in Dublin here and about graduate roles in Dublin here.
- 15 more companies hiring for early-stage sci-tech roles in Ireland. From Silicon Republic.
- PhD opportunity at ADVANCE CRT, the SFI Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies. This is a special recruitment call for a PhD student position to work on a joint PhD research project with Johnson & Johnson. The research will focus on studying cyber security threats and defence mechanisms in industrial automation at the University College Cork. The PhD student will be based at ADVANCE CRT with funding allocated for 4 years to start from October 2022 up to January 2023. The deadline for applications is the 16th of September 2022. More details on the specifics of the call, eligibility criteria, desirable competencies and how to apply can be consulted here: https://www.advance-crt.ie/apply/. ADVANCE CRT is committed to promoting the role of women in science and encourages women to apply for this position. Johnson & Johnson is a WITS corporate member.